10. Your blog subscription list is at 9,999 and you’ve promised yourself a toaster if you hit 10,000.
9. You want to hear from someone who’s been doing this for 40 years and only has a short story and poem to her publishing credit.
8. You want to see how many times a person can write “rejection” in a span of 350 to 550 words.
7. You’re thinking maybe she has some insight into what it takes to actually stick with something for four decades - give or take a decade - and get bloody little out of it.
6. You like to garden and shop for antiques and you’re wondering what that has to do with anything.
5. You’re optimistic about the future and feel as though your rosy, pie-in-the-sky hopes need to be tethered down to reality.
4. You’re balking at No. 5 – there’s always hope for the future – and you want to know about someone who has sallied forth – and back – and forth again, always hoping for a breakthrough.
3. You want to hear about the Central School Gazette newspaper produced by Miss Markley’s fifth-grade class.
2. You can’t think of a synonym for “expire.”
1. It’s here – it’s free – and it’s in Technicolor.